A base tan is no substitute for good sun protection. Plus, the risks of long-term tanning outweigh the unproven benefits of a base tan. Tanning under the sun or a sunlamp gives protection that is equivalent to a sun protection factor (SPF) of 4 or less.
- Use a quality tanning lotion that contains L-Tyrosine and added moisturizers to increase your skin’s melanin production while building a base tan. All products sold at Bogo Tanning carry L-Tyrosine. Tanning accelerator lotion helps your skin tan easily because it brings the blood to the surface and gives you that all-important “tingle” factor. A slight tingling sensation on the skin lets you know that the accelerator is doing its job. However, these types of tanning lotions have different effects on different people and one that causes mild tingling sensations for one person may cause severe pain for another. Talk to a tanning salon professional for help with selecting a tanning lotion that’s right for your skin type.
- Gradually increase your exposure to UV rays to build a base tan and avoid sunburn. While three minutes in a tanning bed doesn’t seem like long enough to produce any real results, it’s more than enough time to become sunburned if you have fair skin. Limit your first few indoor tanning sessions to 2 to 5 minutes and gradually increase the session lengths as you build your tan.
- Visit a Bogo Tanning daily, or at least every other day, to build a base tan. Frequent exposure to UV rays is just as important as gradual exposure when building a base tan.
- If building a base tan is taking longer that you expected you might enjoy the instant sun-kissed glow you’ll receive from the use of sunless tanning booth. Versa Spray) Many sunless tanners now contain bronzers to help you apply the product more evenly, but if you’re nervous about spray booths, talk to someone at your tanning salon about it. A Versa Spray tan looks natural, makes your skin feel silky, and produces a deep, dark tan in a matter of hours. If you need a dark tan before you have your base tan established, a spray tan may just be the temporary fix you need.
- Very important to protect our skin with a Base Tan to avoid sun damage.
#basetan #tanning #bogolife