It’s about moderation.
Responsible tanning is at the heart of everything we do. All staff at Bogo Tanning are skin care certified. We are trained to deliver the most positive experience for all clients, and we uphold these standards:
- Controlled Exposure. Trained operators properly maintain UV tanning equipment and control all tanning exposure times to minimize a client’s risk of overexposure and sunburn.
- Eye Protection. Tanners are required to use FDA-compliant protective eyewear, which minimizes the risk of eye injury.
- Proper Evaluation. All clients undergo comprehensive evaluations, including identifying their sun sensitivity (skin type). Clients with sun-sensitive skin that cannot tan (Skin Type I) are not permitted to use UV tanning services and are directed to use non-UV spray tanning.
- Sun Sensitivity. Clients are taught about photosensitizing medications, which can potentially make a person more susceptible to sunburn.
- Outdoor Education. Clients are taught sunburn prevention and the appropriate use of outdoor sunscreen. This education, combined with the fact that a tan is nature’s protection against sunburn, is why indoor tanning clients are up to 81 percent less likely to sunburn outdoors as compared to non-tanners, according to surveys.
- Balance. Clients are presented with material outlining the potential risks of overexposure to UV light.
- Sanitation First. Tanning equipment and client areas are cleaned and sanitized by a trained staff member prior to every tanning session.
- Teenage Standards. Clients under age 18 must have a doctors written consent prior to tanning in a professional tanning facility, unless local regulations stipulate otherwise.
- Spray Tanning Safety. Cosmetic spray tanning complements UV tanning as a professional salon service. Professional salons are educated in all aspects of spray tanning procedures.